Many people spend their entire working lives saving and preparing for retirement.
The Golden years.
However many do not prepare financially for what retirement brings or they face a tragedy or bad health ruins their chance at living independently or being able to stay and be cared for in their home.
Many people are moving into nursing homes and other care facilities at an increased rate.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), states that almost two million people in our country now live in nursing homes.
Sadly more and more aging adults now suffer injury or abuse at the hands of the very persons trusted h their care.
Sometimes injuries are caused by the negligence of the nursing home staff, but injuries and abuse also result from the deliberation actions of caregivers.
The liability of a nursing home owner or employees can arise from:
- Negligent hiring and retention of employees,
- Negligent personal supervision and care,
- Negligent maintenance of the premises, and
- Negligent selection or maintenance of equipment.
A nursing home can be held liable for the harms and losses suffered by your loved one if it is proven:
- that the nursing home’s owner or employees breached a duty of care owed to the person harmed;
- that the person’s injury was caused by this breach; and,
- that the nursing home owner’s or employee’s behavior, actions or conduct caused the injury.
In 2016 our office participated in $1 million recovery for a client in a care facility who suffered $80,000.00 in medical bills.
If you or a loved one has been mistreated or injured in a nursing care home Please call us for a free consultation.
Make It A Great Day!!
Please click here: Spiva Law Group Web page
Service. Strength. Results.
Our Super Team
- George Lewis, Attorney
- Howard Spiva, Attorney
- C. Clay Davis, Attorney
- Peter Ruden, Attorney (NY only)
- Christie Register, Attorney, RN. (Of Counsel)
- Katherine Lewis, Attorney
- Mary Hashemi, Attorney
- Kaitlyn E. Sayne, Attorney (Tenn Only)
- Andres Arroyave, Senior Litigation Paralegal
- Ed Spiva, Investigator
- Lisa Loyd, Paralegal
- Howard “Gene” Spiva II, Paralegal
- Trene Reynolds Harris, Legal Secretary
- Maggie Doberstein customer Service and concierge team leader and Charity Manager
- Michelitza Melendez. Legal secretary
- Jen Maceyko, Clerical and Charity event manager
- Kelly Spiva, General Manager and VP of Finance
- Rosetta Daniel, Accountant
- Krystal Brown, Management Assistant
A Proud supporter of
The Justice for Children Foundation
Children’s injuries are no accident